honda305 Home honda305 Auctions honda305 Gallery honda305 Forum Electronic Ignition honda305 Forum honda305 Forum honda305 Forum honda305 Racing honda305 Literature

Auctions  Mailing List    Registry   Marketplace

honda305.com Forum - FULL SCREEN

honda305.com Forum

□ Search
  □ Classified Ads
□ Register
□ FAQ 
  □ Search Ads
□ Profile 
  □ My ads
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CA77 throttle cable replacement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkjoller
honda305.com Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: CA77 throttle cable replacement Reply with quote

hello- does anyone know how to replace the throttle cable on an early ('66) CA77? Specifically what I'm referring to is: how do I feed the cable through the silver guide arm (not sure what its called) see photo (it screws onto the throttle assembly on the handlebars). Neither end of the new cable won't fit through the hole. I would have to cut one of the ends off, feed through and then reattach. Seems like a bad idea.

Thanks.

NOTE: I give up on trying to add a photo to my post. I know its formatted correctly and the correct file type. (I build websites for a living). What the hell?
Seadog
honda305.com Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: CA77 throttle cable replacement Reply with quote

jkjoller wrote:
hello- does anyone know how to replace the throttle cable on an early ('66) CA77? Specifically what I'm referring to is: how do I feed the cable through the silver guide arm (not sure what its called) see photo (it screws onto the throttle assembly on the handlebars). Neither end of the new cable won't fit through the hole. I would have to cut one of the ends off, feed through and then reattach. Seems like a bad idea.

Thanks.

NOTE: I give up on trying to add a photo to my post. I know its formatted correctly and the correct file type. (I build websites for a living). What the hell?

Sounds as if you have a CB77 throttle assembly on your CA. I think some folks make this conversion to do away with the more problematic CA throttle assembly or because they want to use non CA handlebars without the hole for the throttle cable. The CB throttle cable comes with the bent tube already installed. I donít know what cable folks use for a single carb with the CB throttle assembly.

The siteís photo posting feature has been broken for a very long time. Use a photo hosting site to post photos here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honda305.com Forum -> Everything Else All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home