honda305 Home honda305 Auctions honda305 Gallery honda305 Forum Electronic Ignition honda305 Forum honda305 Forum honda305 Forum honda305 Racing honda305 Literature

Auctions  Mailing List    Registry   Marketplace

honda305.com Forum - FULL SCREEN

honda305.com Forum

□ Search
  □ Classified Ads
□ Register
□ FAQ 
  □ Search Ads
□ Profile 
  □ My ads
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Removal of steering lock CL72

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honda305.com Forum -> Honda Scrambler - CL72 | CL77
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KayPea
honda305.com Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Removal of steering lock CL72 Reply with quote

I need help, I got a 1962 CL72 and trying to get registered in Germany, must have a serviceable steering lock. Now my steering lock is seized solid, I need
1) Advice on how to remove old lock mechanism
2) Another serviceable unit.
3) Part number of the steering lock mechanism.

KayPee
OldScrambler
honda305.com Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the chrome cover is in place..............drill out the little screw twist while prying the thimble-like cover from the lock-holder casting. Then drill or pry the lock itself from the casting....there is a small internal pin that you will likely have to shear.

When that is accomplished I have a lock with key.............

BTW........a long-time friend tried to register his CL72 in Germany after moving from Australia. He was required to install turn-signals, a stronger (brighter) headlamp, and a metric speedo
KayPea
honda305.com Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject: Steering lock 🔐 Reply with quote

Good day to you
Thanx for reply, I have responded to your email address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honda305.com Forum -> Honda Scrambler - CL72 | CL77 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home