honda305 Home honda305 Auctions honda305 Gallery honda305 Forum Electronic Ignition honda305 Forum honda305 Forum honda305 Forum honda305 Racing honda305 Literature

Auctions  Mailing List    Registry   Marketplace

honda305.com Forum - FULL SCREEN

honda305.com Forum

□ Search
  □ Classified Ads
□ Register
□ FAQ 
  □ Search Ads
□ Profile 
  □ My ads
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

battery question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkjoller
honda305.com Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: battery question Reply with quote

I'm one week into working on a 62 Honda Dream CA77. I'm new to this so a question has popped up.
I bought a new battery online that is identical to the one that was in it (clear plastic with blue top, rectangular and thin). It didn't come with acid so I bought some from local auto parts store. Can I add this directly to the battery or does it need to be diluted with distilled water. If so, is there a ratio for a new battery like this one?

Tried to upload a photo of battery but site wont let me.
revlover
honda305.com Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add the acid full strength to the battery. When the electrolyte levels are low, top off with distilled water. Don't forget to charge the new battery before trying to start the bike.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honda305.com Forum -> Electrical - Wiring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home