honda305 Home honda305 Auctions honda305 Gallery honda305 Forum Electronic Ignition honda305 Forum honda305 Forum honda305 Forum honda305 Racing honda305 Literature

Auctions  Mailing List    Registry   Marketplace

honda305.com Forum - FULL SCREEN

honda305.com Forum

□ Search
  □ Classified Ads
□ Register
□ FAQ 
  □ Search Ads
□ Profile 
  □ My ads
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

PW26 Drain Screw Fiber Washer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuce_7
honda305.com Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: PW26 Drain Screw Fiber Washer Reply with quote

Related to the PW26 carb discussions posted here over past several weeks;

The original PW26 fuel bowl (square bowl) drain screw gasket is a very thin fiber washer with a small surface area to seal the screw to the bowl drain port radius. My CL77 has the stock steel drain screws (not the kit replacement brass with wide head & surface area), and O-rings don't work well/tend to distort and crush.

Dimensions of the original Keihin drain bowl red fiber washer:
o.d.: 8mm
i.d.: 6mm

So the actual sealing area under the drain screw area is 1mm all the way around.

Those small fiber washers apparently aren't a typical hardware store or auto parts store item.

Any one have a source for these small red fiber washers?
Tim Allman
honda305.com Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look here: https://spaenaur.com/catalog/D10/

Although all the fibre washers are inch sized, there seems to be a good range of them and there's always a bit of wiggle room with washers anyway. Note that they also have washers in soft metals like copper that might also work.

I'm fortunate enough that I can visit their sales desk and get advice from the clerks. Perhaps there's a similar company near you.
deuce_7
honda305.com Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the catalog link; this can be a valuable resource. I see a couple of possibilities. I'll have to look locally to see what's available in this product line.

Much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honda305.com Forum -> Carburation - Fuel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home