Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CA77 carb - interesting discovery.

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:49 am

The answer to your question is NO.
The parts book is confusing as to where one might think it was installed with the CA72/77 and the CB72/77, CL72/77 carbs.
So far I've had in hand somewhere around 250+- CB72/77, CL72/77 and 40+- CA72/77 and something I noticed back around 1994 when I worked on the first CA72/77 carbs and since is that those carbs (the ones I've had in hand) had the air screw with the wide shallow slot near the top and no "O" ring.
That said I've never seen a CB72/77, CL72/77 carb with that design.
If someone suspects a leak at that air screw you can "while the engine is idling" cover the screw head with your finger or drip fuel on it. . ....................lm
DianneB wrote:That's interesting Brew.

On the air screw without an O-ring groove, was an O-ring used under the spring, around the round shank?

ramwing7
honda305.com Member

Post by ramwing7 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:31 pm

It's beginning to feel like I'm playing whack-a-mole. One gets knocked down and another one pops up.
The o-ring cleared up one symptom and now I'm trying to get a manifold vacuum leak plugged up. It's popping and carrying on. Probably really needing new insulators, but not found any yet.
The fun goes on.
Welp, summer is coming. : )

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:03 pm

36 messages and you haven't added your location so SOME WHO CARE can know your location!. ...........lm

ramwing7 wrote:It's beginning to feel like I'm playing whack-a-mole. One gets knocked down and another one pops up.
The o-ring cleared up one symptom and now I'm trying to get a manifold vacuum leak plugged up. It's popping and carrying on. Probably really needing new insulators, but not found any yet.
The fun goes on.
Welp, summer is coming. : )

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home