Admirers

CA77 Top End Stumble

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
sailPDQ36
honda305.com Member

CA77 Top End Stumble

Post by sailPDQ36 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:03 pm

All,

My 68 Dream rebuild continues. I've got her back on the street and most everything is working well, but I'm having a small issue in high gear at lower throttle settings. The bike seems to stumble in high gear if you don't peg the throttle. This doesn't happen in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, only in 4th and mostly below 45 mph. If you crank her to 50+ the problem goes away.

The plugs look good. The point are set correctly. The carb is super clean and set as close to factory specs as I can make it. The bike did not come when any air filter at all, so I am running an Emgo single pod that I wrapped in re-usable K&N pre-filter foam to try and restrict some of the air flow.

I am currently getting over a knee injury so I had my brother ride it with the Go Pro this afternoon to get a video of what I am talking about. That video is here: https://youtu.be/hpDlIWZMGPM

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

marzini
honda305.com Member

Post by marzini » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:25 am

Installing the correct air filters is the general recommendation I hear a lot here.
'62 CB77, '76 XT500

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home