Admirers

Inlet manifold insulator

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
Geoff Hastings
honda305.com Member

Re: C7277 manifold spacer

Post by Geoff Hastings » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:56 am

DJM wrote:Geoff,

Yes, I have it, packed up and ready to go. I've sent you two PMs but obviously they didn't get through, try sending one to me with your contact details.

DJM
Many thanks to DJM who sent me the correct inlet insulator. While checking a few things I found the carb flange was very dished. Spent some time with it on a surface plate and managed to get it flat. While speaking to DJM he told me that over tightening the flange can distort the carb and cause the slide to stick. He was spot on, as I nipped up the nuts on the flange the throttle became heavier and the slide did not shut fully. Anyway, the bit you've all been waiting for, did it cure the poor performance? Yes, and by quite a lot. Apart from a power increase the major benefit is the much cleaner pick up when you roll the throttle off then open it again.
Thanks for all the advice guys, the bike is now a pleasure ride.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (288.87 KiB) Viewed 1576 times

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:40 am

Geoff, that looks pretty amazing! Love that colour; very different.

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Re: C7277 manifold spacer

Post by G-Man » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:49 am

Geoff

That's a nice-looking bike. Glad it goes properly now.

G
Geoff Hastings wrote:
DJM wrote:Geoff,

Yes, I have it, packed up and ready to go. I've sent you two PMs but obviously they didn't get through, try sending one to me with your contact details.

DJM
Many thanks to DJM who sent me the correct inlet insulator. While checking a few things I found the carb flange was very dished. Spent some time with it on a surface plate and managed to get it flat. While speaking to DJM he told me that over tightening the flange can distort the carb and cause the slide to stick. He was spot on, as I nipped up the nuts on the flange the throttle became heavier and the slide did not shut fully. Anyway, the bit you've all been waiting for, did it cure the poor performance? Yes, and by quite a lot. Apart from a power increase the major benefit is the much cleaner pick up when you roll the throttle off then open it again.
Thanks for all the advice guys, the bike is now a pleasure ride.
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

Geoff Hastings
honda305.com Member

Post by Geoff Hastings » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:01 pm

e3steve wrote:Geoff, that looks pretty amazing! Love that colour; very different.
Thanks Steve, I'm pleased with the end result, I wanted to do all the rebuild myself. The mudguards had been sawn off so I fabricated the flared ends so they are probably not 100%. Like wise, the carb cover, again I made this using photos and the fit of the frame. The chrome on the rear shocks was done professionally but the rest I did using a chroming kit I bought off the Internet. The colour originally was dark blue but I felt light blue suited the shape of the bike. It was just a basic paint so was easy to spray and only cost£16 a litre. I'll fit the right silencers if they come available.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (231.96 KiB) Viewed 1555 times

Bert96
honda305.com Member

Post by Bert96 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:43 am

A guy i know from sohc 4 forum make me two isolators, and they are perfect!

Here is email:john.m.leatherman@gmail.com

Bert

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home