Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

carb settings

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
modelman
honda305.com Member

carb settings

Post by modelman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:34 am

I wasn't too happy with the way the little cb was running, OK, it starts first kick, & seems near enough, but seeing a recent post about the 'colour-tune' , I remembered I had one kicking about somewhere, so I had a rummage & found it, hadn't seen it for several years!!

Hooked it up & R/side was running spot-on, a nice blue-ish flame, but on the L/side, there was a bright yellow flame & it took a fair amount of jet screw adjustment before another blue flame was seen, & the revs went up as well, so the stops were lowered.

What i'm getting at it although it was set exactly according to the book, AND it ran OK. It was MILES out, so I can only assume that the new replacement jets etc, are not as good as genuine originals, or maybe the jets/screws are ok & its the counter-bore that's worn a bit.
I like the old colourtune & forgot how useful it is since you can literally SEE your actual fuel-burn.
GSX1400 Red/silver
GSX1400 Blue
GS1000G
Brockhouse Corgi
CB77
CA77
T140
BSA 250

I DO have to grow old, I DO NOT have to grow up.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home