Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Carb replacment

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
filson542
honda305.com Member

Carb replacment

Post by filson542 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:01 pm

I am getting ready to get my late 69 Honda Dream 305 on the road. The orginal carb is really ate up. I have tried several different methods to restore it. Is there a modern swap that will bolt up? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Josh in KY

DJM
honda305.com Member

Post by DJM » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:39 pm

Last year at a bike meet there was a guy with a restored CB77 fitted with Chinese copy carbs

At first glance they looked identical to the original Keihins, there were minor differences, but dimensionally identical and were a straightforward bolt on replacement.

The guy said the bike ran 'really well' with these carbs on and tickover, slow running and pick up all much improved, of course his old carbs might have been totally knackered.

He found the carbs via the internet and they were only around £20 each but sadly I didn't take details and haven't seen him again. The carbs are out there somewhere so maybe an internet search will throw something up.

DJM
honda305.com Member

Post by DJM » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:39 pm

Last year at a bike meet there was a guy with a restored CB77 fitted with Chinese copy carbs

At first glance they looked identical to the original Keihins, there were minor differences, but dimensionally identical and were a straightforward bolt on replacement.

The guy said the bike ran 'really well' with these carbs on and tickover, slow running and pick up all much improved, of course his old carbs might have been totally knackered.

He found the carbs via the internet and they were only around £20 each but sadly I didn't take details and haven't seen him again. The carbs are out there somewhere so maybe an internet search will throw something up.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home