Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Alternative air filter/pipe

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
modelman
honda305.com Member

Alternative air filter/pipe

Post by modelman » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Only a few parts missing from the latest, & one area was the air pipe & filter.
Now I don't mind biting the bullet & shelling out for SOME bits that are essential, AND i'm not trying to produce a 'rivet-counters show bike', but the silly money being asked for the 'pattern' filter & connecting-pipe I feel is just too much, so, I bought one of those thick-walled silicone air-hoses used on boy-racer turbo conversions, this one is 38mm to 52mm with a 45 degree bend, this is similar to the original, I had to cut 30mm from its length, then I bought a 52mm bike air-filter.
It very easily fitted via the opening above the battery & the bend in the pipe allows the assembly to be well above the 'gubbins' inside, out of the way & it holds itself it place by resting against the rear inside face. Total cost, under £15.00!
Attachments
NewFilter.jpg
NewFilter.jpg (119.31 KiB) Viewed 1245 times
GSX1400 Red/silver
GSX1400 Blue
GS1000G
Brockhouse Corgi
CB77
CA77
T140
BSA 250

I DO have to grow old, I DO NOT have to grow up.

cadman
honda305.com Member

Air Cleaner

Post by cadman » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:58 am

That's real close to what I did - Used a 1 1/2" radiator hose that had a 90° bend - Cut it just after the bend and installed a "sock" style filter. You can just get to the clamp at the carb. It fits nicely in the empty space adjacent to the battery.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home