Admirers

carby specs /replacement / equivalent/ upgrade

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
framey69
honda305.com Member

carby specs /replacement / equivalent/ upgrade

Post by framey69 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:59 am

hi
so here's the deal. I'm living in Philippines & recently bought a 1965 cp77 police special. I'm not gonna lie the bike is rough & some clown tried to cafe racer it. But if this bike could talk the stories it could tell.

Bike was in police service from 1965 to 1970 in Cebu Philippines. i was told . after that the officer who rode it bought it at auction. then passed it on to his son also in the police force.,who on sold it to me.

I'd like to take the bike back to as close to original as I can with some modern upgrades as i want to ride it(recently fitted electronic ignition as there was no ignition.

looking to replace the carbys next as im pretty sure they are not original Keihin PD19d's currently fitted & it runs badly with them.

anyway been scouring the interweb for oringinal carbys but no luck. I'm happy to buy knock offs at the moment until i find the real thing as bike is also my daily driver ATM.

cheers
Dave

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Re: carby specs /replacement / equivalent/ upgrade

Post by G-Man » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:46 am

You're looking for a set of 'square bowl' Keihin PW26 which crop up on eBay from time to time.

Someone here might have a spare pair.

Pop some photos on Flickr and link to them here. I am restoring a '63 CYP77 and need one or two details.

G
framey69 wrote:hi
so here's the deal. I'm living in Philippines & recently bought a 1965 cp77 police special. I'm not gonna lie the bike is rough & some clown tried to cafe racer it. But if this bike could talk the stories it could tell.

Bike was in police service from 1965 to 1970 in Cebu Philippines. i was told . after that the officer who rode it bought it at auction. then passed it on to his son also in the police force.,who on sold it to me.

I'd like to take the bike back to as close to original as I can with some modern upgrades as i want to ride it(recently fitted electronic ignition as there was no ignition.

looking to replace the carbys next as im pretty sure they are not original Keihin PD19d's currently fitted & it runs badly with them.

anyway been scouring the interweb for oringinal carbys but no luck. I'm happy to buy knock offs at the moment until i find the real thing as bike is also my daily driver ATM.

cheers
Dave
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home