Admirers

PW26 Drain Screw Fiber Washer

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
deuce_7
honda305.com Member

PW26 Drain Screw Fiber Washer

Post by deuce_7 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:32 am

Related to the PW26 carb discussions posted here over past several weeks;

The original PW26 fuel bowl (square bowl) drain screw gasket is a very thin fiber washer with a small surface area to seal the screw to the bowl drain port radius. My CL77 has the stock steel drain screws (not the kit replacement brass with wide head & surface area), and O-rings don't work well/tend to distort and crush.

Dimensions of the original Keihin drain bowl red fiber washer:
o.d.: 8mm
i.d.: 6mm

So the actual sealing area under the drain screw area is 1mm all the way around.

Those small fiber washers apparently aren't a typical hardware store or auto parts store item.

Any one have a source for these small red fiber washers?

Tim Allman
honda305.com Member

Post by Tim Allman » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:30 am

Have a look here: https://spaenaur.com/catalog/D10/

Although all the fibre washers are inch sized, there seems to be a good range of them and there's always a bit of wiggle room with washers anyway. Note that they also have washers in soft metals like copper that might also work.

I'm fortunate enough that I can visit their sales desk and get advice from the clerks. Perhaps there's a similar company near you.

deuce_7
honda305.com Member

Post by deuce_7 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:55 am

Thank you for the catalog link; this can be a valuable resource. I see a couple of possibilities. I'll have to look locally to see what's available in this product line.

Much appreciated.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home