Admirers

I'm about to take a hammer to my carb!

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Any follow up

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:48 am

You can call me if you want. ..........lm

gbc wrote:I have the same issue on my 67 CL. Just installed a new EI system and the bike is running great expect the right carb is leaking around the bowl. I have changed gaskets, floats, needle valve and seat, bowls, and even tried an extra carb to no avail. Unfortunately I am out of town this weekend and probably a good thing to walk away from it for a while. My kits were from two different sources, Fleabay and Classic Honda Restoration. I am letting the gaskets dry in the sun and will start fresh again next week, meanwhile any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

gbc
honda305.com Member

Got It

Post by gbc » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:07 pm

LM, came close to picking up the phone, but finally got the problem solved. Carb works great, tested over and over again, needle, seat, and float had perfect function. Had to be the bowl gasket, finally fixed when I doubled them up. Tight fit getting the bail back up, but it does not leak and the "Old Girl" is purring like a kitten. Took it out for a good 15 mile dial in for the carbs and new EI, but other than a slight idle adjustment, the bike ran perfect.....

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Got It

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:30 pm

Wonderful. .....................lm

gbc wrote:LM, came close to picking up the phone, but finally got the problem solved. Carb works great, tested over and over again, needle, seat, and float had perfect function. Had to be the bowl gasket, finally fixed when I doubled them up. Tight fit getting the bail back up, but it does not leak and the "Old Girl" is purring like a kitten. Took it out for a good 15 mile dial in for the carbs and new EI, but other than a slight idle adjustment, the bike ran perfect.....

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home