6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Reading previous posts concerning old crumbling shock bushings I see that the problem still is out there. A few old rubber bushings on eBay which maybe as hard as my existing ones are on my CA77,72,95 and both Cl’s. I obtained a 12” rod of urethane to try to turn some but it’s tough to machine. I tried to contact Clauss Studios in California who sell numerous molded parts for our Hondas but never get a response back!!!! I offered to send bushing samples and shock eye dimensional dwgs but still no response. First off has anyone been able to contact them? Second has anyone played with machining urethane for this purpose or making molds? Clauss shows top rear bushings for the CB72/77. Why would they not consider others? Between me and my buddies we probably have 50+ bikes (small 50cc to 450) eventually needing replacements, mostly 95/72/77/160’s. HELP
Update on the above posting. I did finally get a reply from Gregg at Clauss Studios. He is happy to consider new items but he requires a new or very good part example to duplicate others. Not having anything but hard or mutilated bushings I have decided to go to plan B. Wanting to try 3D printing for a while now I purchased a nice printer. I made test molds for three shock types on CA72/77,CB72/77, CL72/77 and CA95’s. Am in the process of pouring some Shore A 70 Duro urethane bushings to see how they hold up. Anyone have experience with this material in similar service?
Have you tried Ali Express, I needed replacement bushes for the brake anchor arm on my CA77 and found a place that has many sizes of sleeved rubber bushes. I had to shorten them slightly but got the diameters internal and external I needed.
I bought a couple a while ago and I think that I got them from my local Honda dealer for a very reasonable price. The part number is 40548-268-000. It's worth a try.
This is about shock absorber (dampeners) rubber mounting bushings. I have replaced several “brake link” bushings available on fleabay and through CMSNL andHonda dealers. Will investigate using Urethane in the links later. Would have to burnout the old rubber and knurl or sandblast the metal parts to get good adhesion. 3D printing a jig to hold parts centered would be no problem.