Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Need muffler

georGe
honda305.com Member

Re: Need muffler

Post by georGe » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:28 pm

See Steve payed attention in class !!<br />The axle trick works good but is a pain if ya dont have a spare axle!<br />Charging problem is probably the rectum-frier(rectifier) or battery as those are normally the weakest link. Although any thing is possible.<br />As for monitoring the forum I check the boards a few times a day to see whats shaken and help other fellas like I was helped. <br />Send some pictures of that '61 Beemer<br /> <br />georGe

fallingpines
honda305.com Member

Re: Need muffler

Post by fallingpines » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:53 pm

Geez georGe, I think I'm going to get into some hot water with the 305 Forum boss by dragging a muffler chat into a charging and non-Honda chat. I should mind my decorum.<br />...I did replace my rectifier with a new one, and have a spare old one as a back up's back up. I would guess the problem to be a diminished magnetic charge to the rotor, thats why the puller may be required (have a spare front axle sitting around somewhere). I suppose I may have damaged my new rectifier by running my bike till the battery would provide no more spark, walked home that day.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home