Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Question about CB77 reproduction shocks from 4into1

jensey
honda305.com Member

Post by jensey » Fri May 20, 2016 2:15 am

Hi,

I use Koni 76F-1302, no problems with the diameter of the lower part.

Jensen
assembly of Japanese motorcycles requires great peace of mind (Pirsig)

jambretta
honda305.com Member

Post by jambretta » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:03 pm

Hagon ended up shipping me the model 31028 for my Superhawk. The fit was as shown in my photos (length 2mm short and clevis 2mm wider. The diameter of the body at the chain guard barely fit, but did fit. I spaced the upper mount outward 2mm by using a washer before mounting the shock. At the clevis, I used stock hardware and bought slimmer jam nuts, double-secured with locktite.

I told them may weight was 165 lbs. I took the bike on an 850 mile (see www.motomelee.com and https://flic.kr/s/aHskCnYBWE) ride last weekend, and the shocks were stiffer than hell. I was getting pretty beat up and the bike handle poorly in corners bc of the contrast with the stock front suspension.

I called Hagon today and they said they will happily swap springs for softer ones. They said they shipped with 16kg springs, but they also have softer 14kg or 12kg. I'm going to go for 12kg b/c of some of the very bumpy or even dirt roads on the melee, then just adjust the preload on sections where the road conditions are good.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home