□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Honda305 Gearset Mufflers

dragonfly888
honda305.com Member

Post by dragonfly888 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Very interesting discussion, gentlemen. Interested in hearing the outcome. I may be in the market for new header pipes and mufflers, if I can get the time to work on the bike this winter !!!

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:08 pm

Call me again as I found a couple of them to tell you about. ............lm
Seadog wrote:Although we just talked about this on the phone, I'm posting this marked-up photo to show others what I meant about a curve that I thought I saw on this muffler. Whether the bow is there or not, it definitely isn't as narrow at the inlet end as my old muffler.
LOUD MOUSE wrote:I see a VERY SHALLOW indent near the second weld. ...............lm

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:43 am

Thanks again, LM!

LOUD MOUSE wrote:Call me again as I found a couple of them to tell you about. ............lm

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:57 am

You're welcome. ......................lm

Seadog wrote:Thanks again, LM!

LOUD MOUSE wrote:Call me again as I found a couple of them to tell you about. ............lm

Snakeoil
honda305.com Member

Post by Snakeoil » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:54 pm

I'm curious what the retail price is for these mufflers.

Thanks,
Rob

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:58 am

As a final follow-up on these mufflers, I am sorry to say that I was not able to make the left muffler fit, even with a known Honda OEM pipe. I cannot determine with certainty whether the problem is me, the pipe, the muffler or the bike. However, after my failure, I was able to fit a used aftermarket pair without any trouble so I tend to believe the the problem is with the muffler.

Because I slightly dented down the area of the left muffler that touched the bottom of the left case in hope of a fit, I cannot return the set. That's a huge $ loss. If anyone else would like to give it a go, let me know.

As for as the manufacturer is concerned, I found him to be a very helpful and knowledgeable person. I cannot, however, recommend his product at this time. As beautiful as the mufflers are, I think they need more refinement for fit, even though he has told me that he has never failed to install a set for his customers.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home