Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Handlebar Shake When Pulling Brake Lever at Idle

stepper
honda305.com Member

Handlebar Shake When Pulling Brake Lever at Idle

Post by stepper » Tue May 30, 2017 12:20 pm

Hey guys,
Is it normal for the handlebars to have a bit of vibration or shaking when the front brake lever is pulled (even at idle)?

It doesn;t feel like anything is loose up there so I figured it is just a result of mechanisms tightening up when the lever is pulled allowing for more vibration to be transferred to the bars.

(the brake cable does not seem to be interfering with the throttle cable in any way. And it happens even when I pull the lever without even touching the throttle)

Thanks for any help.

JV

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Handlebar Shake When Pulling Brake Lever at Idle

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue May 30, 2017 1:49 pm

Check for loose adjustment at the top steering head.
If it is not tight against the rollers the engine can transfer what you describe. ................lm
stepper wrote:Hey guys,
Is it normal for the handlebars to have a bit of vibration or shaking when the front brake lever is pulled (even at idle)?

It doesn;t feel like anything is loose up there so I figured it is just a result of mechanisms tightening up when the lever is pulled allowing for more vibration to be transferred to the bars.

(the brake cable does not seem to be interfering with the throttle cable in any way. And it happens even when I pull the lever without even touching the throttle)

Thanks for any help.

JV

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home