Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

What is stuck in my transmission?

Clutch, Transmission, Drive Chain, Sprockets
joejo20
honda305.com Member

What is stuck in my transmission?

Post by joejo20 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:13 pm

I was wondering if you could possibly point me in the right direction on a 305 scrambler. I am working on this bike because something in the transmission is stuck. The motor does turn over from the crank shaft bolt but when I try to kick start the bike the kick start lever wont budge. Before I get into the transmission I would like to get your opinion. It seems to me like the kick start dogs are always ingaged. I can get the kick start lever to move freely with the clutch lever in. I can also slightly turn the motor over with the rear wheel when in gear. The kick start lever will also move when I turn the engine over with the crank shaft bolt. I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me.

jesse
honda305.com Member

Re: What is stuck in my transmission?

Post by jesse » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:25 pm

when you release the kickstart lever with the clutch disengaged after pushing it down does it return easily to the top of the stroke?does it make a clicking sound as it returns?are you in nuetral when you try to kickstart?you may have a pawl stuck or broken.another posibility is that you are in two gears at once because of worn shifter forks.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home