Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

'65 CA77 Clutch Cable Guide

Clutch, Transmission, Drive Chain, Sprockets
qwispichkn
honda305.com Member

'65 CA77 Clutch Cable Guide

Post by qwispichkn » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:22 pm

Can anyone tell me if I have the clutch cable adjuster guide installed correctly on my 65 CA77? Notice how it has a slight angle to it. I think I may have it backwards because when I look in the inspection hole, the cable holder end is very close if not touching the magneto case. Clutch does work as long as I have the adjuster very far out and the large round adjuster turned as far as it will go clockwise.

Thanks

Imagefree picture hosting
2016 HD Streetglide Special
2010 HD Fat boy
1965 Honda Dream CA77
2006 Kawasaki Klx250S

DJM
honda305.com Member

CA77 clutch cable

Post by DJM » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:15 pm

Looks right to me, not actually sure if you can get it the wrong way round anyway.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: '65 CA77 Clutch Cable Guide

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:51 pm

I'd say the cable installation is correct.
You need to adjust the cable to the clutch.
1- Loosen the nut and spin to top of threaded part on cable.
Do the same at the other end of the cable but leave 1/4in of thread out..
2- Loosen the 10mm bolt head next to the large grey metal part with the slot. (just loosen not out)
3- Now using a large blade screw driver or any tool you may have which will fit in the slot of the grey metal part twist right/left, right/left then right to stop and back 1/8th inch and tighten the nut.
Adjust cable ends so lever when you pull the slack you will have 3/8 inch open at the lever when you feel the pressure of the clutch.
Any questions get back to me. .......lm
qwispichkn wrote:Can anyone tell me if I have the clutch cable adjuster guide installed correctly on my 65 CA77? Notice how it has a slight angle to it. I think I may have it backwards because when I look in the inspection hole, the cable holder end is very close if not touching the magneto case. Clutch does work as long as I have the adjuster very far out and the large round adjuster turned as far as it will go clockwise.

Thanks

Imagefree picture hosting

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home