Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Superhawk Clutch Actuator

Clutch, Transmission, Drive Chain, Sprockets
nothing but a dreamer
honda305.com Member

Superhawk Clutch Actuator

Post by nothing but a dreamer » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:08 am

Can anyone tell me if the whole clutch actuator mechanism for the CB77 Superhawk is the same as the one fitted to the CL77 Scrambler? I know that the actuator mechanism varied in design from the early CB77s to the later ones but presume that they are interchangeable? I am hoping that the CL77 part will also fit a CB77.
Peter

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Superhawk Clutch Actuator

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:49 am

Two variations and they were the same on CB and CL bikes.
The cable entry location was moved forward which caused a couple of parts to change design. .................lm

nothing but a dreamer wrote:Can anyone tell me if the whole clutch actuator mechanism for the CB77 Superhawk is the same as the one fitted to the CL77 Scrambler? I know that the actuator mechanism varied in design from the early CB77s to the later ones but presume that they are interchangeable? I am hoping that the CL77 part will also fit a CB77.
Peter

nothing but a dreamer
honda305.com Member

Post by nothing but a dreamer » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:48 am

Great, thank you. On the strength of that information I have purchased a clutch actuator from a CL77 for my CB77. I presume that the part is the same across the range - CB, CL, CP, C for the same year?

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home