Admirers

Hello from sleepy Shropshire

hillyhonda
honda305.com Member

Hello from sleepy Shropshire

Post by hillyhonda » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:31 am

S2 77 GL 002(2).jpg
Greetings - not sure where to put this but, hello;
I've been looking at my project 1965 CB77 for nearly 20 years now, bought in boxes, gathering bits slowly and assembling what I have. Been reading here for ages, glad I haven't lost you.
Anyway a spurt of enthusiasm, triggered by no longer being able to ride the big bikes, has led me to join and probably bombard you with endless questions. I'm currently re-assembling the engine and hoping to get to the point of refitting it to at least hear it firing which should be all the incentive I need, I imagine many have walked this road...
So, hopefully I've attached a pic of how it looked last time I wheeled it out - things can only get better...
Cheers,
PeteImage

Geoff Hastings
honda305.com Member

Re: Hello from sleepy Shropshire

Post by Geoff Hastings » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:51 pm

That looks a nice project, will you run it as is or do a full restoration once you know how it runs.

hillyhonda
honda305.com Member

Post by hillyhonda » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:08 pm

That's a really good question Geoff; I think I would just get it to the point where I can ride it and then decide. I've done full restorations but not sure I've got another in me, much as I would love to see it all shining and new.
There is of course much to do before even that point, not least finding or making a side-stand - I already know that I struggle even with a CB160 getting off the bike and balancing it to put on the centre stand. Which is one of the things I may be asking about, having failed so far to find one or even a decent picture of one.
Cheers

Geoff Hastings
honda305.com Member

Post by Geoff Hastings » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:36 am

I’ve always wanted a CBX1000 but just know I could never manoeuvre it in or out of the garage, I do struggle with my CB750 K but if I drop it it’s not the end of the world.

Alan F.
honda305.com Member

Post by Alan F. » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:26 pm

Welcome, I've also been a non-posting member for a little while now. If you do make a CB160 side stand I'd love to see it.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home