□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

over length cables

over length cables

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:46 pm

best bang for the buck on cb77 cables, seems to be for the high bars.<br /><br />any problem running over length cables?<br /><br />thanks<br />perry

georGe
honda305.com Member

Re: over length cables

Post by georGe » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:11 pm

What bars are ya using ? <br />I run clubman bars w/ the shorter cables on my street bike to give it a less cluttered appearence. Sometimes when ya turn the bars to the right it pulls the cable n the revs go up about 300rpm. It could stand to have alittle longer cable but not as long as the one for the higher bars. <br /><br />georGe<br />

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:58 pm

stock handlebars, bought the high bar cables.<br /><br />i can live with a little cluttered look for the price.

jlerma
honda305.com Member

Post by jlerma » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:35 pm

longer cables are not any problem except you have to find a place to tuck them....<br /><br />shorter cables are the problem as George said.

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:13 pm

I also bought the overlength cables for the price. I have the flat bars on my cb77 so I had more cable than I could hide! I shortened the things after watching a guy do it at the local M/C shop for a custom. It requires a torch and a carbide wheel cutter,I found it to be fairly easy.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home