Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Saying Hi!

sarals
honda305.com Member

Saying Hi!

Post by sarals » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:12 pm

Ed called me a week or so ago, and we had a lovely conversation! It was so good to hear from him. I promised I'd stop into the forum and say hi everyone else, and here I am! I'm a bit later than I promised, but I've been very, very busy.

The news? The Old Girl sits under a cover in my garage waiting patiently for me to examine her electrical system. She also has a noise, probably a wheel bearing, that needs diagnosing and repair. As I've said before, I don't like to ride her, I have too much respect for her beauty and her age to chance something bad happening, and I also have too much respect for MY age! I just don't have the reflexes or the vision I once had. The drivers around here are very aggressive, and I don't want to chance it.

The Red Hawk, my NT650, has a rebuilt pair of carburetors sitting in a box waiting to be installed. My issue there is having the time to do it (it's also a major issue with the Old Girl). Not that I'm going to ride it or anything. ;)

I've been training very hard for my track cycling racing (on the velodrome) this past year. I've done well over the season in the masters athlete fields at National and State events. The World Championships are next month, and that's a big focus for me. It's a huge time sink, the training is, too! After that's done, I'm going to go low key for a couple of months with my bicycles, and during that period, my motorcycles will (finally) get attention.

I'm looking forward to reading how everyone else is coming along with their projects, and to see what some of the new folks are doing. It's like walking into a Honda dealer in 1966 here, and I love it!

My best to you all!
1965 CB77 305 Super Hawk
1989 NT650 Hawk GT
1981 Yamaha XJ550 Seca

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:57 am

Hi Sara

Sorry I missed this. Great to hear from you and understandable that the bikes have to take a back seat. I retired in March and have never been so busy now that I don't have the excuse of being away.

I'm slowly getting myself under control but there seems to be less time now than ever. The CB72 project has stalled while I get my workshop re-organised and I talked myself into restoring a CB400F with a good friend for (at the beginning anyway) another friend.

The last one I restored was in 1994/4 (actually two of them) and it's all coming back.

Also time-consuming is a special 'big-bore' Gilera (150 to 175) for a friend using a combination of Suzuki, Honda and home-made components.

Good luck with all your endeavours. :-)

G
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:58 am

Hi Sara

Sorry I missed this. Great to hear from you and understandable that the bikes have to take a back seat. I retired in March and have never been so busy now that I don't have the excuse of being away.

I'm slowly getting myself under control but there seems to be less time now than ever. The CB72 project has stalled while I get my workshop re-organised and I talked myself into restoring a CB400F with a good friend for (at the beginning anyway) another friend.

The last one I restored was in 1994/4 (actually two of them) and it's all coming back.

Also time-consuming is a special 'big-bore' Gilera (150 to 175) for a friend using a combination of Suzuki, Honda and home-made components.

Good luck with all your endeavours. :-)

G
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home