Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Battery hold down/tool tray dimensions

bri87
honda305.com Member

Battery hold down/tool tray dimensions

Post by bri87 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:44 pm

been unable to obtain the tool tray/battery hold down bracket for my 68 CA77. they do come up every so often on EBAY.

I've considered fabricating one. does anyone already done this or have the dimensions for this?

rrietman
honda305.com Member

Post by rrietman » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:48 am

I have fabricated a couple for the early dream. there are two versions for two different sized batteries. It's a pretty simple piece of sheet metal work---It won't look correct but no one sees it.
It retains the air cleaner cover. It has a clip for the fuse holder. and it clears the terminals. that's about it.
I have a couple sitting around that I don't want to sell, but if you come up to Lynden this weekend for the vintage motorcycle show/swap meet I will lend you one for a pattern. It's saturday at the fairgrounds. I will be out there most of the day.
Good luck
Randy

rrietman
honda305.com Member

Post by rrietman » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:48 am

I have fabricated a couple for the early dream. there are two versions for two different sized batteries. It's a pretty simple piece of sheet metal work---It won't look correct but no one sees it.
It retains the air cleaner cover. It has a clip for the fuse holder. and it clears the terminals. that's about it.
I have a couple sitting around that I don't want to sell, but if you come up to Lynden this weekend for the vintage motorcycle show/swap meet I will lend you one for a pattern. It's saturday at the fairgrounds. I will be out there most of the day.
Good luck
Randy

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home