Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CL77 Coil Wiring

Points Based Ignition | Electronic Ignition Upgrade
G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:25 pm

Steve

I think it's just outgrown its disk space....

I thought you were a moderator at one time?

G

e3steve wrote:Thanks, Graham. It just miffs me that images from older posts are no longer available.

What’s changed? And why? This forum is for the benefit of all, but it’s become properly screwed up!
Last edited by G-Man on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:09 am

Michael (Stoic) made me a moderator but he never got around to creating the privileges.

I think he must be either very ill or has expired, as no-one's had any responses to emails to him...

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:36 am

It will be a sad day when this forum finally fails, as it eventually must without proper maintenance. To lose the valuable information stored here would be tragic, but at this point, we need an alternative forum site so that, at the very least, we don’t lose our contributing members. I’ve also tried to contact Mr. Stoic to volunteer as a moderator, but have heard nothing.

olde-goat
honda305.com Member

Post by olde-goat » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:29 am

I agree. there is a lot of good information in the postings from the many years past that I feel will be lost forever. With my newly started CA77 restoration I found myself going to old postings for badly needed assistance. Is there anything that we can do to try to preserve the site or at least the information at a new location?

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:47 am

I don't know what might be done, O-G, without cooperation from Mr. Stoic.
olde-goat wrote:... Is there anything that we can do to try to preserve the site or at least the information at a new location?

Tim Allman
honda305.com Member

Post by Tim Allman » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:43 pm

The information is all stored in a database, essentially a bunch of files on disk. This forum is an old version of this: https://www.phpbb.com. If the database could be obtained then it should be possible to set this up somewhere else and keep the information. This version seems to be quite old so I have posted a question to the phpBB forum to see what's possible.

We should do something fairly soon because Web hosting costs money and either Michael Stoic is paying it or no one is. In either case we are vulnerable to having it shut down and lost.

I'll report back about the database transfer.

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:56 pm

Thank you, Tim. I have absolutely no experience with this stuff. So we know what forum software is being used, but do we know where it’s being hosted? Wouldn’t the database be located there?
Tim Allman wrote:The information is all stored in a database, essentially a bunch of files on disk. This forum is an old version of this: https://www.phpbb.com. If the database could be obtained then it should be possible to set this up somewhere else and keep the information. This version seems to be quite old so I have posted a question to the phpBB forum to see what's possible.

We should do something fairly soon because Web hosting costs money and either Michael Stoic is paying it or no one is. In either case we are vulnerable to having it shut down and lost.

I'll report back about the database transfer.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home