Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

'64 Superhawk - handlebars?

3030vision
honda305.com Member

'64 Superhawk - handlebars?

Post by 3030vision » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:50 pm

I am looking at buying a '64 Superhawk from the original owner. As far as i understand, everything is stock. It has a cafe-racerish faring on it, and i was surprised to see cafe-racer (short, straight) style handlebars. Was this offered as an original option, or perhaps a dealer option? I've heard various types of handlebars mentioned, but i haven't seen a Superhawk with this type before.<br /><br />Hopefully i will be a proud owner very soon! I'm looking forward to learning more about these bikes.<br />

3030vision
honda305.com Member

Re: '64 Superhawk - handlebars?

Post by 3030vision » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:30 pm

On closer inspection, i have noticed other Superhawks with the straight &quot;cafe racer&quot; style handlebars. For some reason the other style stuck out in my memory more.<br /><br />I'd still be curious to learn more about the type of handlebars offered. Which ones are type I, type II, etc.?<br /><br />Thanks!<br />

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Re: '64 Superhawk - handlebars?

Post by kustommusic » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:35 pm

AS I understand it type one are the flat bars, type two have a small rise, and type three have a higher rise. Not sure when the changes where but Type one were first few years,etc. But thats not to say that over the years an owner wouldn't change them to taste. Good luck with the cb77!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home