cyclon36
honda305.com Member

Post by cyclon36 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:19 am

list updated :-)

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:10 am

Add retrobike4u?. .....lm

cyclon36 wrote:after reading multiple really really bad reviews on Apex Cycle, I decided to start a "buyer beware" section of the post. This helps us weed out any vendors or merchants that are dishonest, or just a paint to deal with.

I'd like to mention that Apex is only up there because of the many reviews on this board warning against them. Every business has an upset customer every now and then so one or two bad reviews will not necessarily put a site on that list.

Snakeoil
honda305.com Member

Post by Snakeoil » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:15 pm

I think that only good things can come from more organization. I realize that the website costs money and expanding the capabilities probably adds to the cost. I'm new here so I don't know how much is supported by vendors.

There is a website that I personally think is one of the best enthusiat websites out there. It is www.miata.net . Needless to say, it is a Miata website.

They have a section called the Garage with all kinds of tech articles. There is a marketplace for members to sell merchandise. There is a vendor section where vendors can list new products, etc.

Granted, it is probably overkill for a 250/305 website. But it has organizational features that I think are worthwhile taking a look at.

I have no complaints with this site and for the short time I've been here have found both the members and info on the site invaluable as I learn the nitty gritty details of my CL77.

But I think that the primary problem with a site that is primarily a forum, is that a lot of the info gets lost over time because the subject for a thread is not accurate, the search engine is not adequate or other reasons that do not become obvious until some time has passed.

Again, just some personal thoughts on the subject. I'm no website expert by any stretch. I'm basing my comments on past experience finding info on other websites, some good, some great and some bad.

respectfully submitted,
Rob

cyclon36
honda305.com Member

Post by cyclon36 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:53 pm

LOUD MOUSE wrote:Add retrobike4u?. .....lm

Is that a website? If you're referring to retrobikes, they're already up there. Their site is olypen.com

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:08 am

retrobike4u is a different adders. .......lm

cyclon36 wrote:

Is that a website? If you're referring to retrobikes, they're already up there. Their site is olypen.com

cyclon36
honda305.com Member

Post by cyclon36 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:54 am

LOUD MOUSE wrote:retrobike4u is a different adders. .......lm

cyclon36 wrote:

Sorry, Ed. I can't seem to find it. Do you have a website?

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home