□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

67' CB77 oil leak behind stator

Hoosier Tom
honda305.com Member

Post by Hoosier Tom » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:17 pm

DesertSilo wrote:I have been cutting along the long edge around the aluminum which doesn't seem to free up the rubber. If I cut at an angle then tap the new seal in (see below picture), where does the old rubber go?
You remove all of the old seal. Don't leave anything behind for the new seal to push into.

HT

rrietman
honda305.com Member

Post by rrietman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:41 pm

for pete's sake just go to NAPA and get a seal pick. 30 seconds and you are done.
Good luck
Randy

DesertSilo
honda305.com Member

Post by DesertSilo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:09 am

I have something very similar to that, I wish it pulled out that easy. The lip was so forced in and degraded by oil that it tears at the top. As im pulling, from both using the metal as leverage and pulling away from the bike, it just crumbles.

https://imgur.com/xGvtBqP
rrietman wrote:for pete's sake just go to NAPA and get a seal pick. 30 seconds and you are done.
Good luck
Randy

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:28 am

Pry from the middle hole. ................................lm
DesertSilo wrote:I have something very similar to that, I wish it pulled out that easy. The lip was so forced in and degraded by oil that it tears at the top. As im pulling, from both using the metal as leverage and pulling away from the bike, it just crumbles.

https://imgur.com/xGvtBqP
rrietman wrote:for pete's sake just go to NAPA and get a seal pick. 30 seconds and you are done.
Good luck
Randy

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home