Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Looking for my dad's old CB77 - it's still alive in the UK

Craig380
honda305.com Member

Looking for my dad's old CB77 - it's still alive in the UK

Post by Craig380 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi, first post here.

I'm hoping to get in touch with the owner of my dad's old CB77: checking its road tax and MoT history, it's still alive and in use in the UK, which is amazing.

It was registered in the UK in London in 1965, on a 'C' number plate (the plate is JPLXXXC).

He bought it used in 1969 in Hull (and there's a story behind that purchase too). Some of my earliest memories were of riding pillion with him and 'helping' service and fix it in our shed - experiences that made it inevitable that I was going to be a biker when I grew up.

He sold it in Hull in 1976 for £100 as it needed a rebore, new exhausts and more, and got himself a new Suzuki B100P (I know, I know). It was originally black, the road tax website says it's now red.

If the owner visits this forum, please drop me a PM and I'd be glad to fill you in on the parts of its history that I know of. Unfortunately I don't think I have any photos but I will have a search in my loft.

cheers, Craig

DJM
honda305.com Member

Searching for CB77

Post by DJM » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:00 pm

Good hunting, have you tried the VJMC here in the UK, they publish an excellent magazine bi-monthly and I'm sure would print your details, assuming of course you're a member.

There's a good chance that the owner of the bike is a VJMC member, or that someone who knows him is.

Craig380
honda305.com Member

Post by Craig380 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:50 pm

Thanks, I hadn't thought of trying the VJMC, I have posted on the HOC forum though. I'll give the VJMC a try.

I was surprised that it still survives and has been MoT'd annually, as it was effectively being sold for spares or repair in 1976, and not many people were actually restoring bikes back then ...

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home