Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

side stand question

benlyboy
honda305.com Member

side stand question

Post by benlyboy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi all.
im in the middle of restoring a 67 superhawk. When I got the bike it was in bad shape, someone had tried to turn it in into a chopper so most of the bikes front end had ether been butchered or was totally gone, along with most of the tins. I first did a mechanical restoration, replacing all the missing parts and repairing all the things the guy that did it screwed up. finished that last summer and now have the bike stripped down again for a cosmetic restoration.

My question is this, was the side stand on these bike an accessory that came with a mounting kit?

The reason I ask is that the side stand bracket uses one of the engine mounting bolts and one of the centre stand pivot bolts to mount it. I had to replace the engine mounting bolts as someone had used a mismatch set of bolts to replace the right ones. i got a set of bolts on line but all four are the same size. The one that mounts the side stand needs to be longer, same thing with the centre stand bolts.

Makes me think that these two bolts were replaced with longer ones when the side stand was fitted?

Thanks for any help

benlyboy
honda305.com Member

Post by benlyboy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:24 pm

hi there

I've had no replies to my above post.
So maybe i should as another way, do all CB77's have side stands, and if so how are they attached to the bike?

thanks again:-)

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:23 am

No.
The mount does require longer bolts. ..................lm

benlyboy wrote:hi there

I've had no replies to my above post.
So maybe i should as another way, do all CB77's have side stands, and if so how are they attached to the bike?

thanks again:-)

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home