Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

new member ie hambone

hambone
honda305.com Member

new member ie hambone

Post by hambone » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:12 am

Hello have just joined the forum.
Have bought a 1964 cb77 at last. I had a ride on one about 1967 wanted one ever since.
Got the bike from the very top of scotland received it two weeks ago the bike will run but i have not tried to start it .Bike has not run for maybe 15yrs or more unknown. So to get to the grissle the gearbox is solid drained the oil [it looked knew on end of dip stick] it was black sludge and then red/brown it also stank. Removed side cases everything below the crank webs is covered in crystal coal particals which i cannot remove with chemicals have tried. So magor stripdown. The gear box shift drum is solid will have to chop it out forks are gone aswell the gears cleaned up on wire wheel but wherever the cancer has been it has left holes in the metal. It has not attacked the ally. its fairly depressing ok bye for now. hambone

Tim Allman
honda305.com Member

Post by Tim Allman » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:32 am

The adventure begins.

GORDON BROWN
honda305.com Member

Post by GORDON BROWN » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:38 pm

Hambone

Sounds like mabey more than 15 years ! Shame you have waited so long and now you are going to have another wait to get it on the road.
On the plus side, there a few bikes still being restored and some parts are even being remanufactured. There is a lot of information on this site If you can wade youre way through the spam. The best thing is to put what parts you need on the site and see if anyone can help.

Gordon

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home