honda305.com Forum

Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Do you ride your CB77 on the freeway/highway?

I ride my CB77 on the freeway/highway

Poll ended at Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:35 pm

Yes
100%
N0
No votes

Total votes: 1

1965_dreamer
honda305.com Member

Do you ride your CB77 on the freeway/highway?

Post by 1965_dreamer » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Greetings -

In the past, I've taken my 1967 CB77 on short stints on the freeway without any problems. This morning, I was riding on the freeway and all seemed fine for about 10-15 minutes riding at 60+ MPH. My bike started losing power and my boyfriend noticed a lot of smoke coming from the left exhaust.

We pulled off the freeway. I stopped the bike and then we started again and it was still smoking a bit. We rode the home via the city streets (35-40 MPH) and the bike was fine - running strong and no longer smoking.

We checked the oil and the compression when we got home. The left spark plug had some oil on it, but the compression was fine. The oil level was OK as well.

Any ideas/insights into what I might have experienced? Do you ride your CB77 on the freeway/highway? If so, do you ride longer distances - at what speeds?

I do a number of vintage rides which include riding on the freeway/highway at times, so any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you!

P.S. I also have a 1967 CL77 which I've ridden on the freeway and it has not had any significant issues - other than minor oil leaks

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home