Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Help with misfiring issues

thepunisher2007
honda305.com Member

Help with misfiring issues

Post by thepunisher2007 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:49 am

Im offering this up to anyone who has Misfiring issues as its somthing i discovered after a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong stuggle to find an issue that wasnt there.

Before you jump into stripping anything to find out why you bike wont run/start, or only runs on one side. try this..... ( and do it carefully)

open your petrol cap and very carfully ( as you dont want back presure) put you rmouth round the opening. create a good seal and lightly presurise the tank by blowing into it.

I have found that as the fuel hoses go under the carb in a ubend fasion they can cause an airlock in the pipe if the tank hasnt got lots of fuel in. every time i took the tank of to check somthing else i would let more air in and i was going round on circles trying to find a problem and all i was doing was causing it. A kind fella i met told me this trick and it worked FIRST TIME and i was kicking myself.

It may not be your issue but its and easy check before pulling anthing off.

Zeerxxx
honda305.com Member

Post by Zeerxxx » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:59 pm

I kinda have the same problem if the bike has been sitting for a few days. What I do is, one at a time, I remove each fuel line from the petcock just enough to “burp” the line. Turn on the fuel, just long enough, to allow the line to fill with gas, expelling air. Have a rag under to catch fuel that will drip. Good luck.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home