Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CL77 Swing Arm Frame bushes

Silverano
honda305.com Member

CL77 Swing Arm Frame bushes

Post by Silverano » Sun May 26, 2019 10:04 am

Hi - Not sure if anyone can help with this. I've got some play in the two swing arm bushes in the frame, not the four in the swing arm itself. They look to be identical to the four in the frame apart from being a smaller internal diameter.

Problem is I cant find a part number and they don't seam to appear in my parts manual.

Any advice would be appreciated

Paul

Hessle, UK

the-chauffeur
honda305.com Member

Post by the-chauffeur » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:32 am

Sorry - my mistake.

Misread the original post . . .
Last edited by the-chauffeur on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DJM
honda305.com Member

Swinging arm bushes

Post by DJM » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:33 am

The bushes in the frame aren't meant to be replaceable or even come out at all.
In my experience they only come out if the swinging arm bolt is severely rusted into them.

If they've come out, don't worry just drive them back in again. Don't worry about a small amount of clearance as, when everything is bolted up tight as it should be, there is no relative movement between the swinging arm bolt and the bushes in the frame (or between the bolt and the bushes in the swinging arm for that matter)

Just be sure to grease the swinging arm bolt thoroughly so it doesn't rust up again.

PM me if you want a fuller explanation.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home