Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

DYNAMO WIRES

DJM
honda305.com Member

Wiring.

Post by DJM » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:08 pm

The two black wires from the horn BOTH go into the wiring harness where you should find two
black wires emerging at the horn position.

One of these wires is a Hot feed to the horn, the other goes back through the harness into the headlight bucket and then to the horn button.

One of the black wires from the harness might have a white marker on it, can't remember for sure but it doesn't matter which wire from the horn connects to which wire in the harness, either way round it should work.

fatboy98
honda305.com Member

Post by fatboy98 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:13 pm

OK I GOT THE HORN TO WORK!!NOW I HAVE ANOTHER ISSUE. WHEN I GOT THIS BIKE IT WAS SOMEONE ELSES PROJECT SO I GOT IT ALL IN PIECES.PLUS IT IS THE FIRST ONE OF THESE I HAVE DONE.OK SO NOW MY ISSUE IS I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW THE HORN IS MOUNTED BACK IN THE BUCKET?IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE SUCKED UP TIGHT TO THE BUCKET ? I FIGURE THE 2 RUBBER BUSHINGS/GROMET GO INTO THE BUCKET BUT I DONT KNOW HOW THOSE 2 LITTLE OVAL PLATES GO ON?

DJM
honda305.com Member

Horn fitting

Post by DJM » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:22 am

Assembly is as follows.

The two rubber grommets go into the holes in the headlight bucket.
Then the first oval plate goes onto the back of the horn.
Then the horn goes into its housing on the outside of headlight bucket, locating the two fixing studs through the rubber grommets.

Inside the bucket, fit the second oval plate followed by the spring washers and nuts.

There is also a large diameter thin section grommet which fits in the outside of the horn recess to prevent the horn rattling against the headlight bucket.

Glad to hear that you got the horn working, sorry if I misled you about TWO black wires coming out of the wiring loom, I was forgetting your bike was a CL and not a CB.

CB has the TWO wires coming out of the loom under the lower triple tree and then back into the loom again to emerge in the headlight bucket.

On the CL, as you've found out, there is just one black wire feeding the horn and the lighting switch. Second wire from the horn goes to the horn button.

PS, I notice that you're still shouting (In Upper Case) hope you aren't mad at me or the bike!

fatboy98
honda305.com Member

Post by fatboy98 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:42 pm

LOL NO I AM NOT MAD AT EITHER! THIS WAY I DONT HAVE TO UPSHIFT AND DOWNSHIFT ITS LIKE A AUTOMATIC PLUS I CAN SEE IT EASIER LOL. I GOT NEW BRAKE CABLES AND TIRES FOR IT TODAY. HEY I GOT A QUESTION FOR YA. I BOUGHT SOME SHOCKS FOR THIS BIKE AND WHEN I GOT THEM THEY CAME WITH NEW BUSHINGS FOR THE SWING ARM. THE HOLE FOR THE BUSHINGS IN MY SWING ARM ARE 20MM THE BUSHINGS THAT CAME WITH THE SHOCKS ARE 22MM. ALSO MY FACTORY BOLT SIZE IS 8MM. THESE SHOCKS REQUIRE A 10MM BOLT FOR THE BOTTOM AND THE TOP HOLE IS 15.30MM. I CONTACTED THEM ABOUT THESE ISSUES AND THEY TOLD ME THAT IS THE ONLY SIZE THEY HAVE EVER SOLD FOR THE CL77!! DO YOU KNOW BY ANY CHANCE THE SIZE OF THAT SWING ARM BUSHING HOLE? THANX AGAING FOR YOUR HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home