Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

New member introduction and new project

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:37 pm

The fender for that number wil be 6 hole. ...................lm

Moto-reve wrote:Hi Mr Chauffeur the carbs were a bit of a sweetener when I got the bike as there was not any on when it got imported. They are correctly stamped CL77, just a shame they are a bit of a mishmash. The previous title was registered to Gypsie Vintage Cycle in Sturgis. Some of the guys in the USA are probably aware of this place as they hold a big bike event there. I’ve had a look online and I think the owner is getting of an age to retire and wanting to sell up. I’m guessing that the bike was taken apart to be restored and maybe got sold on minus all the parts it’s missing as the rest of what’s on there is quite clean and it’s only got 4000ish miles on the speedo. Either that or it was an absolute wreck and all the good bits have been sourced and put on it ready to start a resto ha ha.

As above info from LM it’s likely a 66 model. Would this have 8 or 6 hole fender and what rear light bracket would be correct? The one with the band across or missing. Many thanks,

Jon

the-chauffeur
honda305.com Member

Post by the-chauffeur » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:55 am

Hey Jon

My frame number is CL77-1030**, so it's a little newer than yours, but was registered in the US as a '66. As LM says, the front mudguard is the 6 hole version; two front, two centre and two rear, and the ends look like they're cut/stamped but not rolled. The taillight on mine is the one without the band. It mounts through two holes with a third for the cable to pass through.

Hadn't spotted this before, but your frame and engine numbers are impressively close for Honda. If I remember rightly, frames and engines were assembled in batches of something like 100 rather than by exactly matching one to the other to save production line downtime (if there was something wrong with either a frame or an engine they could carry on with another rather than having to stamp a new engine case or frame). Cool.

Neil

Cataztara
honda305.com Member

Post by Cataztara » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:11 am

I believe so

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home