Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

5 years later...back to the CL77

Deltablues
honda305.com Member

5 years later...back to the CL77

Post by Deltablues » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:55 am

Hello from a somewhat sunny UK, well thought I'd better restart a stalled project, been sat in the corner waiting but as with lot at the moment we seem to a lot of time on our hands....well now with questions or requests for you to delve into your parts boxes, we've all got them but mine are Goldwing, CB900F2, RD & DT125, no early Honda stuff but that didn't stop me taking on yet another "boxer" project, was told most of this was there, what I wasn't enlightened too was it didn't all come from the same bike! This is what i have:-

Frame No CL77-1041531
Eng No CL77E-1041505
Year of Manufacture 1966

This makes this a later model? ie large brakes, alloy stations, i have the large drum wheels but steel stations.

Need a decent wiring loom, has anyone got one? i could make my own if I could get all the right materials, the grey plastic shelving seems hard to come by

Got a alloy top yoke that has studs/nuts to hold the bar clamp, the manual shows bolts, could this still be right?

Got four large bolts with a round head with one flat, where do they go?

Seems to have a lots of bolts missing, more on that as I go through the parts, I'm going attempt recoating myself anyone done this?

The front mudguard (fender) stay is 8 hole, is the right? does it work with the alloy stations,which I dont have.

Should the mudguards be alloy or steel?

Got one RH lever perch, its got the wire guard, is this right?

Many more questions to come but that's enough for now

Stay safe everyone in this odd circumstances we find ourselves in

Thanks all Steve
81' GL1100 Std UK Bike
82' GL1100 Aspencade USA Bike
82' CB900F2 SuperSport
86' VFR400K Japanese Training Bike
66' CL77

rustywrench
honda305.com Member

Re: 5 years later...back to the CL77

Post by rustywrench » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:37 pm

In the fifty years of gross neglect and shabby mechanics we see on these bikes I am not surprised that you have studs to clamp the bars down not to mention the early lowers on a late model bike.
Just for fun I can shed some thoughts on things but not all.
For wiring you should be able to find a decent harness on ebay. will need some cosmetic touches though.
Front fenders are steel. 8 hole for early steel lowers and 6 hole for alloy later lowers.
You will enjoy putting this thing together. then what a thrill to hear them run. Welcome and share your progress. Rusty

xring10
honda305.com Member

Re: 5 years later...back to the CL77

Post by xring10 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi, for wire harness fabrication and repair components, go to vintageconnections.com They have sleeves, terminals, etc. They also have the elusive silver electrical tape that closely matches the OE tape.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home