Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Newbie checkin' in

jnbmoore
honda305.com Member

Newbie checkin' in

Post by jnbmoore » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:28 pm

Greetings all! Just joined the forum and am interested in what y'all are saying. I recently bought a 1965 305 Dream with 9800 miles, not necessarily to ride but to play with. It's an older restoration or a fairly well kept original as far as I can tell. All the parts and pieces are there with only a minor discrepancy or two. And she runs too but I haven't ridden it other than in my driveway. I'm planning on cleaning it up a bit, recondition a few parts and pieces, possibly even show it at a swap meet or two.
One thing that has me a bit puzzled and hopefully the forum can help me on this. The engine (CA77E-1006994) cylinder head left side camshaft cover is retained by studs and acorn nuts. One of the studs and nuts is missing. The illustrated parts drawing shows screws rather than studs and nuts. My question is which one is correct?
Thanks!

Hoosier Tom
honda305.com Member

Post by Hoosier Tom » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:55 pm

Screws are correct. I've only seen studs and acorns used on CB92 and CA95 cam covers.

HT

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home