Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Honda Dream Registry

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Honda Dream Registry

Post by Michael Stoic » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:27 am

Attn All Dream Owners and Admirers:

I’d like to announce that the Honda305.com Dream Registry is now on-line in real time. We’ve been collecting data for many years, the old fashioned way, but have now transitioned to a fully automated on line system.

This means that every new Survey entry is reflected immediately in the Registry …and the Statistics are viewable in real time. …Enter your bike, …the pie chart and the numbers change. Nice.

Want to see which Model Year is the least common? No problem. Want to know which ones have their seats in Red or Black? Got that too…

There are many legacy entries that I am slowly integrating – have to do this step manually (for the last time ;), so the numbers will continue to evolve. For right now, a few requests to all:

1) Please Enter your Bike/s www.honda305.com/registry
2) Please let me know whether there are additional questions the Registry should include.
3) Please ENTER YOUR BIKES !!!

Couple of additional details:

The Dream Registry handles the following models: CA72, CA77, CA78, C72, C77, C78

The Superhawk Registry is also on-line (with some minor revisions planned). The Scrambler Registry is being transitioned during the next several weeks. It takes many hours to get all the ducks lined up just right.

Enjoy!

Michael Stoic
honda305.com/registry
Attachments
Honda Dream Registry
Honda Dream Registry

tamb
honda305.com Member

Post by tamb » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:27 pm

Does that graphic update itself?

What do the No Answer and Not Complete categories mean? There were a few fields I left blank. Would that mean I'm in the Incomplete category??

Also, that image could be a little bigger to make it easier to read... :)

Michael Stoic
honda305.com Member

Post by Michael Stoic » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 am

tamb wrote:Does that graphic update itself?
No. ...that picture is just a printscreen - an example of a section in the Registry Statistics summary page.

The actual live Registry output will reflect the current summary and updated piecharts. Several different metrics are reported, like the Model Year, Model distribution, colors, etc.

I'll PM you the link to the stats page, but the website link that leads there appears on the Survey Confirmation page.

...I am including two more printsceens with this post: an example of a survey "data collection" page and the fragment of a "confirmation" page with a link to the Registry Statistics.

tamb wrote: What do the No Answer and Not Complete categories mean? There were a few fields I left blank. Would that mean I'm in the Incomplete category??
No Answer: some survey entries include answers to every question, some don't. Whenever a piechart summarizes a metric where an answer was not supplied, the "No Answer" will be part of the record.

Not Complete: Whenever a survey entry is made without a Frame and Motor numbers, the database will treat it as an "Incomplete" category. I weed those out from time to time, but they are reflected temporarily and replenished occasionally.

Your own entry contained the Frame/Motor numbers and is part of the officially complete record. Thank you for that!

--
Michael Stoic
Attachments
The "Confirmation" page appears once the "Submit" button is pressed...
The "Confirmation" page appears once the "Submit" button is pressed...
An example of the Data Collection form...
An example of the Data Collection form...

tamb
honda305.com Member

Post by tamb » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Thank you. I guess I missed that link when I finished the survey!

Bob750
honda305.com Member

Post by Bob750 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:25 pm

Hello!

So, I just finished restoring my wife's (tamb) Dream. It's now white! Is there a way to update the registry to that effect?

Bob750
Mine: '74 CB750 K4 -- Hers: '64 CA78
Had: '75 CB550 K, '79 CT90

RobCL72
honda305.com Member

Registry is Broken >>

Post by RobCL72 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:23 pm

The forms page keeps telling me that my email address is missing. Cannot register my bike.

FYI

Brotmotohead
honda305.com Member

Re: Registry is Broken >>

Post by Brotmotohead » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:25 am

RobCL72 wrote:The forms page keeps telling me that my email address is missing. Cannot register my bike.

FYI
I get the same result. This happened to me on the CA registry. What is worse for me is that I misspelled my user name s/b Britmotohead.
Some days are better than others...

'64 CA72

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home