Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Alex Bilodeau ended his World Cup skiing

Bellroll33
honda305.com Member

Alex Bilodeau ended his World Cup skiing

Post by Bellroll33 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:24 am

LA PLAGNE, France - Alex Bilodeau ended his World Cup skiing career with a flourish. The Rosemere, Que., freestyler won the final race of the season by taking the dual moguls competition while his teammate Mikael Kingsbury of Deux-Montagnes, Que., came second but took his third straight World Cup title on Friday. "Its been an amazing ride," said Bilodeau. "Very emotional." The two-time Olympic champion had no chance to catch Kingsbury for the Crystal Globe as overall champion, but wanted to push his friend and rival to the limit in the last race of his career. Kingsbury got down the hill quicker, but the judges gave the gold medal to Bilodeau on execution. "I knew the grand prix was done and I couldnt go up or down," said Bilodeau. "I looked at Mikael and said Im really honoured to have my last run against the best in the world. "I said Ill just enjoy it. I decided to do a back double, which is something you dont do in duals. Its too risky. But I thought its my last race, Im going to go for it. " On the womens side, Hannah Kearney of the United States won a fourth straight Crystal Globe and the fifth of her career. Kearney defeated Canadas Chloe Dufour-Lapointe in the final. Her sister Justine Dufour-Lapointe had a shot at catching the American for the title, but crashed in the round of 16 and lost to Perrine Laffont of France. With his win, Bilodeau broke freestyle legend Jean-Luc Brassards record for World Cup podium finishes with his 48th, including 19 wins. "I never looked at the number of podiums," he said. "For me it was a day-to-day process of trying to be the best in the world. "Records are made to be broken. Im sure it wont last long. Mikael will break it in a year or two." The 26-year-old, who this year became the first freestyler to defend an Olympic gold medal, now plans to finish his accounting studies at Concordia University and enter the corporate world. Kingsbury, who has 38 World Cup podium finishes, said it was an emotional day for both skiers as they waited at the top of the final run of the season. "We did a big hug," said 21-year-old Kingsbury. "I told him it was an honour to be at his last run. "Then we both made amazing runs." While Bilodeau is bowing out, Kingsbury said his career is just getting started and he intends to try to stay on top through the next Winter Olympics in 2018 in South Korea. "Im still young and Ive got a lot to learn in the sport," he said. "Ive had an amazing career so far. "I never thought Id do as much as Ive done so far, but Ill work hard, get stronger in the gym. The best is still to come." The three Dufour-Lapointe sisters finished just behind Kearney in womens standings, with Justine second, Chloe third and Maxime fourth. Cheap Wholesale Nike Air Max 95 . His fellow Finn, 21 years his junior, had just arrived in Anaheim and was hoping to stick with the Ducks. Cheap Air Max 95 Free Shipping . He learned about pressure and expectations at the 2010 Games in his hometown of Vancouver. His next mission is to build on that experience at his next Olympic appearance in Sochi, where he plans to ride the momentum from the teams strong start to the season. http://www.cheapairmax95ireland.com/. -- Top-ranked Stacy Lewis birdied the last three holes and five of the final six Thursday for an 8-under 64 and a share of the lead with Mi Jung Hur in the Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic. Wholesale 95 Air Max Shoes . The 18-year-old centre was the Senators first-round pick (17th overall) in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. The six-foot 196-pound native of Salmon Arm, B. Cheap Air Max 95 Wholesale . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hi Kerry, Always a pleasure; really enjoy your column. Keep up the good work. In the Bruins/Panthers game Tuesday with less than 10 seconds to play, Tim Thomas - clearly frustrated - took a swipe at Soderberg with his stick. He was assessed a two-minute minor for high sticking. I am curious as to why this was not a match penalty and perhaps even a suspendable action. It seems to me had a skater done a similar action, as blatant as it was, it would be deemed as such. I believe this would fall under Rule 60.4, but am not certain. Can you please comment on this play and explain what the ref/linesman saw (or failed to see), to deem it a mere minor high sticking penalty? Thank you (I was trying to work the word qualm in there somewhere, since I know you like it so much)! Dear Anonymous Friend: I have no qualms in telling you that Tim Thomas deserved a match penalty under Rule 60.4 for the one-handed tomahawk swing with his heavy goalie stick paddle to the neck of Bruins forward Carl Soderberg. Regardless of the score or time in the game, or whether the blow was in retaliation for Thomas being contacted on the shoulder by Soderbergs stick inside the blue paint, a match penalty was warranted based solely on the degree of force and especially the location of the blow with the goal stick to the neck of Soderberg. While no apparent injury resulted to Soderberg this was a very dangerous play that should be addressed by the Player Safety Committee. At the very least, a substantial fine should be levied to Tim Thomas even if that Committee does not deem the stick swing to be worthy of a suspension. It is acknowleedged in the rules that a goalkeepers unique equipment is not only designed to provide protection and to stop the puck but that when used in an altercation can do considerable damage to an opponent.dddddddddddd For that reason, Rule 51.3 provides that a match penalty must be assessed if, in the judgment of the referee, a goalkeeper uses his blocking glove to punch an opponent in the head or face in an attempt to deliberately injure an opponent. The manner in which Tim Thomas used his heavy goalie stick last night falls well within the spirit and intent of the match penalty rule. The reason the referee most likely assessed only a minor penalty on this stick swing was based on his obstructed view from behind the goal line against the end boards. I continually state this not the best location to view plays in and around the goal crease; as a matter of fact it is often the worst position for a referee to stand! I want you to look at the replay clip again; only this time through the eyes of the referee that made the call from behind the goal line. Tim Thomas swing was very quick and accelerated in real-time but most importantly, the ref, from his position, was looking directly through Brian Campbells back as Thomas stick made contact with Soderberg. Campbell then wrestled Soderberg to the ice so both players were now directly in the referees sight line. There was also a minor log jam of players out in front of the net (especially Tom Gilbert and Chris Kelly) that could have prevented the linesmen and the other referee from seeing the full force of Tim Thomas stick blow to Soderbergs neck. As quickly as it can happen, the full effect of a play can be missed or greatly diminished without the best sightline. I have no qualms admitting it, friend! China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home