Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CA77 hard shifting and not going completely in to gear

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:04 pm

Call now. .............lm

Lucille wrote:https://www.flickr.com/photos/184453020 ... res/5F5536

Theres a few photos on that link, if you'd like me to upload them all individually I can do that as well.

I'll give you a call back whenever you let me know

Lucille
honda305.com Member

Post by Lucille » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:48 pm

That one screw holding in the plate behind the gear selector is bent and wasn't very loose.... The other side was missing the screw entirely. Uploading pictures now

Lucille
honda305.com Member

Post by Lucille » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:54 pm

Lucille
honda305.com Member

Re: CA77 hard shifting and not going completely in to gear

Post by Lucille » Tue May 05, 2020 10:30 am

Finally revisiting this forum after some time, had some time to finish stuff with everything that is going on. I've had the bike "done" since January, just finding the time now to fix some little issues and hopefully take it on the road sooner then later. Here are some pictures of it all the way down and sandblasted. Did a whole bunch of bodywork and then pictures of all back together, rust free and dent free! The battery cover is good to go, I just need a new knob.

Big shout out to Loud Mouse for his help getting her engine shifting again. Clutch is working for now, only issue with the transmission that I have is sometimes it is hard to find neutral. I'll have to figure that out someway. Another thing is sometimes she just refuses to restart, the weirdest thing. She will either start immediately or I have to wait a day for her to start. Sounds like it is flooding but I pull the bowl on the carb and crank the thing all day and she will not go until I just wait. Let me know if you have an idea what is going on.

Thanks

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184453020 ... res/608688

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home