Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

My Dads Dream

mkoloc
honda305.com Member

My Dads Dream

Post by mkoloc » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:15 pm

Have never restored a bike, but am planning on bringing my dads Honda Dream back to showroom condition this next year. I currently restore/preserve WWII vehicles, so a bike will be a nice change of pace. Doing a bit of research on line, it looks like parts are still available, which is usually not the case with some of my more rare vehicles. Some pics of my dads bike and some of my WWII stuff:

ImageImage

[/img]

mkoloc
honda305.com Member

Post by mkoloc » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Is the serial number on the engine the only serial number on the bike regards ID? I assume based on the engine number that this is a 1963 year bike? I have to track down the title or request a duplicate and want to make sure that I'm using the correct serial number.

Mark

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: My Dads Dream

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:14 pm

What you have is not a "DREAM".
It is a 1963, 150 CC "BENLY TOURING". ..................lm

mkoloc wrote:Have never restored a bike, but am planning on bringing my dads Honda Dream back to showroom condition this next year. I currently restore/preserve WWII vehicles, so a bike will be a nice change of pace. Doing a bit of research on line, it looks like parts are still available, which is usually not the case with some of my more rare vehicles. Some pics of my dads bike and some of my WWII stuff:

[

mkoloc
honda305.com Member

Post by mkoloc » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:52 pm

Well there you have it, always told it was a Dream … Sh!! just ordered the Dream CD Shop manual LOL .. oh well, will do some new research. It sure looks like a dream ..

Where is the serial number on the frame usually located at?

mkoloc
honda305.com Member

Post by mkoloc » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:57 pm

I see why its called the Baby Dream

danielzink
honda305.com Member

Post by danielzink » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:34 am

mkoloc wrote:Well there you have it, always told it was a Dream … Sh!! just ordered the Dream CD Shop manual LOL .. oh well, will do some new research. It sure looks like a dream ..

Where is the serial number on the frame usually located at?
Not sure about the Benley's but on the 305 Dreams it's on the left side of the bike - just below the swingarm pivot bolt by the footbrake spring and switch.

Dan

DJM
honda305.com Member

Baby Dream

Post by DJM » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:30 am

I hope that you haven't ordered the Shop Manual CD from the 305.com website.
If you have, prepare yourself for a long wait, past experience says your CD won't arrive.

If you've ordered rom the site cancel your order if you can.

BTW Your Bike has rev-
counter drive fitted which wasn't standard on the CA95 model.

If the rev counter was fitted and worked it would at least have needed a CB92 camshaft.

Wonder what else might be lurking in there.

I believe there were CB95 models too but quite rare, I understand that Honda supplied 150cc top ends to convert a 125cc CB92 to 154cc, perhaps you may have one of these.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home