Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

I would appreciate your advice!

mosquito
honda305.com Member

I would appreciate your advice!

Post by mosquito » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:42 pm

A 1963 305 Dream I'm thinking about buying is in pretty good shape but the front fender is bent and the flare at the bottom is wrinkled. The fenders I found on eBay all seem to have the same problem which I think would be very difficult to repair. Are good used front fenders unobtainium or will I find one if I search long enough?
Thanks and cheers.

olde-goat
honda305.com Member

Fender repair

Post by olde-goat » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:26 am

Hi, I was faced with the same problem with my 65 CA 78 restoration. I was fortunate in that I have a good body guy that repaired both front and rear flares. All metal worked, very little filler. Not sure if you are on Facebook, but there are some good Honda 305 sites, there are a few guys who part these bikes out and advertise. you may luck out.

olde-goat
honda305.com Member

Fender repair

Post by olde-goat » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:26 am

Hi, I was faced with the same problem with my 65 CA 78 restoration. I was fortunate in that I have a good body guy that repaired both front and rear flares. All metal worked, very little filler. Not sure if you are on Facebook, but there are some good Honda 305 sites, there are a few guys who part these bikes out and advertise. you may luck out.

mosquito
honda305.com Member

Dream Fender

Post by mosquito » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:08 pm

Hey Olde-goat, thanks for the reply! And thank you for the tip about Facebook! I think I'm gonna start looking around for a bodyman too because I'm almost to the point of pulling the trigger on this bike.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home