Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

honda went racing?

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
honda305.com Member

honda went racing?

Post by 305 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:41 am

i didn't know that

wasn't it a Harley rc143 that won the 125cc world championship in 1961?

gltrench
honda305.com Member

Post by gltrench » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:46 am

Huh?.......You mean a Honda RC143?.....They raced quite a bit actually. Jim Redman, Mike Hailwood, Luigi Taveri.....some six cylinder 250's and 350's, a five cylinder 125, a twin cylinder 50, and man eating 500 fours to be extremely brief. They won bucu rider and manufacturer championships until they pulled out of GP racing in 1968. Honda made a name for themselves road racing...oh, and selling Cub 50's to most of Asia and Europe. There's a lot of great books on the subject. Check it out, fascinating stuff. It's amazing what Honda was able to do back then.
-Gabe

piecutter
honda305.com Member

Post by piecutter » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:00 am

Sorry, Gabe, 305 is feeling a bit lonely and filling up the forum with inane posts. He doesn't seem to realize that any future assistance he may need could possibly go unrewarded if he continues to take his little joke any further.

In the motorcycle parts business there is a little thing called "mutual respect" between the customer and the parts counter employee that goes a long way to establish the success or failure of the enterprise. Unfortunately, there is a rampant lack of this comodity in todays society, and there seems to be a lot of unqualified "experts" walking around. Alot of you may have experienced this at your local shop. No one is born with built in motorcycle knowledge, yet the parts man forgets this and belittles the naturally ignorant newcomer, as if the inner workings are all common knowledge, and his future income walks out the door with burning ears. At alot of shops it's not just the young short timers that do this, but seasoned veterans as well, which only serves to propagate the attitude in the young apprentice. They seem to believe that motorcycling should be an "exclusive" sport and they get to choose who to encourage or shoot down. While it's true, some people just do not belong on a motorcycle, even they have the right to learn this on their own. Besides, exactly how did the seasoned vet get his "membership" status anyway?
Conversely, the lifelong shade tree motorcycle mechanic walks in and asks me a question, then proceeds to argue with my answer and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. While my brain may not be the sum of all motorcycle knowledge, I have been doing this professionally for many, many years. If you come to me for my expert advice, I will give it to you freely and to the best of my skills and knowledge, provide you with all the information I have to offer. Take it and make of it what you will, but if you stand there and insult me by telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, or make light of my professional skills, then I'm going to have serious second thoughts about helping you out in the future. If I see you are ordering the wrong part, I'm going to have to assume that you know what you're doing and are prepared to live with the consequences.

So what does this have to do with anything here? It's like "The Boy who cried Wolf". When you seek attention or self validation through false means, you lose in the end.

Or maybe I'm just bored and lonely too.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home