Admirers

Japan Meets Britain

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:04 am

Good on her!
And you too!. .................lm

Vince Lupo wrote:Well I have an update on the 'should I sell my bike' question. This morning my wife convinced me to keep it. So I may end up keeping it until the end :)

The end of what -- I'm not so sure!

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:48 pm

I think what did it was my mentioning to my wife about all the great motorcycle roads in the part of eastern Ontario, Canada where we just bought some property (our planned retirement spot in 7 years), and that I was hoping to have been able to ride those roads someday (all two-lane, not a highway in sight). She said “well if that’s the case why don’t you just keep it?” Besides, she wasn’t about to see me sell the bike for a cheap price, so she said you may as well hang onto it. I think she doesn’t like to see me pour money into it (which I did this year in particular), and I’ve pretty much had it with pouring money into it too. But I know that there are a couple of things on the horizon that will need attention - namely a crack in the chain guard and re-clear coating the tank (and possibly repainting it), and I’m thinking of doing something with the rear shocks - either replacing them with a ‘slimmer’ Hagon shock or seeing if I can remove the lower chrome shroud (though I’m not sure what the springs look like underneath), as I think the right shock is touching the top of the chain guard. So one more thing after another.

On the plus side, it looks like the oil leaks are gone!

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:09 pm

Thanks for sharing.
Most of the times I sold any of mine it had to do with "I have something I want and that bike will fund it".
Sold many and got that new whatever. ........................lm
Vince Lupo wrote:I think what did it was my mentioning to my wife about all the great motorcycle roads in the part of eastern Ontario, Canada where we just bought some property (our planned retirement spot in 7 years), and that I was hoping to have been able to ride those roads someday (all two-lane, not a highway in sight). She said “well if that’s the case why don’t you just keep it?” Besides, she wasn’t about to see me sell the bike for a cheap price, so she said you may as well hang onto it. I think she doesn’t like to see me pour money into it (which I did this year in particular), and I’ve pretty much had it with pouring money into it too. But I know that there are a couple of things on the horizon that will need attention - namely a crack in the chain guard and re-clear coating the tank (and possibly repainting it), and I’m thinking of doing something with the rear shocks - either replacing them with a ‘slimmer’ Hagon shock or seeing if I can remove the lower chrome shroud (though I’m not sure what the springs look like underneath), as I think the right shock is touching the top of the chain guard. So one more thing after another.

On the plus side, it looks like the oil leaks are gone!

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:35 am

I spoke with Dave Quinn a couple of days ago (he is the distributor of Hagon shocks in the US), and based on when I purchased the shocks (2005), he’s pretty sure there should be chrome springs underneath the shrouds. He custom-assembles all the shocks himself, and he’s fairly certain that’s what he was using back then. So I think this winter we’ll attempt to remove those lower chrome shrouds and see how it looks, and if that helps with clearance between the shocks and the top of the chain guard. Dave said it’s a two-person job.

BTW if you are looking to replace/upgrade your shocks with Hagons, Dave Quinn is your guy. Super-great to deal with, and will fix you up with exactly what you need.

https://davequinnmotorcycles.com

G-Man
honda305.com Member

Post by G-Man » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:49 am

Vince

One person and a siimple compressor tool........

G

Vince Lupo wrote:I spoke with Dave Quinn a couple of days ago (he is the distributor of Hagon shocks in the US), and based on when I purchased the shocks (2005), he’s pretty sure there should be chrome springs underneath the shrouds. He assembles all the shocks himself, and he’s fairly certain that’s what he was using back then. So I think this winter we’ll attempt to remove those lower chrome shrouds and see how it looks, and if that helps with clearance between the shocks and the top of the chain guard. Dave said it’s a two-person job.

BTW if you are looking to replace your shocks with Hagons, Dave Quinn is your guy. Super-great to deal with, and will fix you up with exactly what you need.
'60 C77 '60 C72 '62 C72 Dream '63 CL72
'61 CB72 '64 CB77 '65 CB160
'66 Matchless 350 '67 CL77
'67 S90 '77 CB400F

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:59 pm

I wanted to let everyone know that I'm putting the SuperHawk up for sale. If anyone is interested, please PM me and I can provide more details.

If anyone is going to be in the York, PA area this weekend, it will be at the Potomac Vintage Riders Swap Meet on Sunday the 28th. My friend Lee Hulteng (who has done much of the custom painting on the bike in addition to other work) will have it at his booth. So you can see it in the flesh!

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:40 pm

The SuperHawk is now on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/162923346196

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home