Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

"Wild Super Hawk Vintage Road Racer" Info Wanted

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
CliffC
honda305.com Member

Post by CliffC » Thu May 24, 2007 7:27 pm

The picture is great and the paragraph from Chuck Kraeuter is informative about the bike but the information about the head and the picture do not agree, unless it was a typo. I was fortunate enough to ride a CR72 over forty years ago and I seem to remember it was DOHC and had four valves per cylinder.
Its still a very good looking bike and I would like to see more pictures of it from all angles. CliffC

bill440cars
honda305.com Member

Post by bill440cars » Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm

Hey Cliff,
Could it be that the picture shows the bike set up as a 250? If you will remember, Chuck said that the "350 Head" was made from the CR head. I mean I don't know if the CR head would be used on the CB motor or not.

It definitely is a sharp looking bike and I'm hoping he'll rebuild it, along with showing more pictures and giving more details also.
Later on, Bill

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri May 25, 2007 9:27 am

Do ya think he really meant CB72 because of the difference in the combustion chambers compared to the CB77?. .............lm

bill440cars wrote:Hey Cliff,
Could it be that the picture shows the bike set up as a 250? If you will remember, Chuck said that the "350 Head" was made from the CR head. I mean I don't know if the CR head would be used on the CB motor or not.

It definitely is a sharp looking bike and I'm hoping he'll rebuild it, along with showing more pictures and giving more details also.
Later on, Bill

bill440cars
honda305.com Member

Post by bill440cars » Fri May 25, 2007 6:38 pm

lm, You know, you just might be on to something there. I mean, it sure be quite expensive to have a CR item, and then to go modifying it. It never even dawned on me. Maybe we'll find out more before long. I hope. Later on, Bill
LOUD MOUSE wrote:Do ya think he really meant CB72 because of the difference in the combustion chambers compared to the CB77?. .............lm

bill440cars wrote:Hey Cliff,

Later on, Bill

305racer
honda305.com Member

Post by 305racer » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:03 pm

I'm thinkin the same thing as LM as thats not a CR head. Good lookin bike none the less.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home