Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Lil Smokey

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
georGe
honda305.com Member

Re: Lil Smokey

Post by georGe » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:36 pm

I just realized that my email addy was hidden I just unlocked it so it should be on there now !<br /><br /><br />georGe

jlerma
honda305.com Member

Post by jlerma » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:35 pm

To, me it looks like it was heavily modified by the owner and not factory. The racing bridge/top clamp is not factory. Honda sold a racing fork bridge that included an oval attached where you would connect the speedometer, thus removing the headlight and bucket. (one was on ebay recently) It also looks like they put some gaiters over the mid fork. <br />But it has some cool details like the steering dampner and the rear sets. <br /><br />Im making my own faux &quot;racer&quot;, check it.

Ace
honda305.com Member

Post by Ace » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:40 pm

Cool. Are you running any air cleaners? Smokey has velocity stacks, and I'm not sure about running like this on a daily basis. Any thoughts on this? Ace

jlerma
honda305.com Member

Post by jlerma » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:19 pm

still working on it.. but i dont have cleaners for it. I saw a bike on ebay that had some small K and N filters which i think im going to buy. I didn't want to use the stock filters.. i wanted to take off the side covers and make it look very cafe/minimal style. so K and N might be the way to go.. <br /><br />Bill Silvers manual says running without filters is a sure way to harm your engine. so i guess i would put something on there.

Ace
honda305.com Member

Post by Ace » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:33 pm

Yeah, I think running without filters is not wise. Those little KandN's are a nice alternative to the covers, which I don't want to use either. Keep me posted on yours, jlerma, and I'll do the same on mine. I am waiting for fuel cock rebuild kit, but haven't been able to contact ohio cycle this week. Cheers. Ace

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:23 pm

This is getting good! We'll have a fake racing team before you know it. All this talk has me anxious to get out to the garage! A note on air filters. I dont use 'em. Velocity stacks are just fine for me! Banziiiii ! Does anyone know where a source is for those streched racing fuel tanks. They look expensive.

jlerma
honda305.com Member

Post by jlerma » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:28 am

yeah i saw the place that makes those tanks on the web.. now if i can only find it... those tanks are actually for a cb160 or cb9x something like that.. it has a matching seat too. brb with the link.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home