Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Lil Smokey

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
Ace
honda305.com Member

Lil Smokey

Post by Ace » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:30 am

Just found this little guy today and brought him home. Runs great--bring on the Ducatis.....

georGe
honda305.com Member

Re: Lil Smokey

Post by georGe » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:26 pm

ya gonna give some info or do we have ta guess ?<br />Looks like its got alot of the CYB parts on her , is this a state side bike or is it from abroad? <br /><br /><br />georGe

Ace
honda305.com Member

Post by Ace » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:53 pm

georGe you probly know more about what this is than I do. I am not kidding. I had never seen this bike before, didn't know they existed. Not much history. The key actually had a fob on it from a dealer in Nampa, Idaho. 9k miles on it. Actual? Who knows? Previous owner seems to think it is factory all the way, at least, he never changed anything--didn't even ride it. I have ridden it a couple of times since I bought it the other day. Amazingly willing little unit, Smokey fired up, spent 3 or 4 minutes getting her bearings, then took me for a ride. But the petcock leaks in any position, and I need to shut it off almost totally to get a ride without drowning the carbs. So, that's about it. Not trying to be coy--just ignorant. I'll accept any help on this project willingly tho!

georGe
honda305.com Member

Post by georGe » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:06 am

What ya got there is what appears to be a standard SuperHawk w/ the YB kit. To the best of my knowledge Honda(factory) didnt sell a bike kitted out it is possible that it was kitted by the dealer, but more than likely by an owner.<br />Judging from the pict it has ALOT of the YB kit its allitle hard to tell from the pict. Would it be possible for ya to email me some detailed picts ?<br /><br />georGe<br /><br />

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:28 pm

Hey I would like to see more of this. What a lucky find! I bought a basket case this past fall and since it's missing so much of the original stuff I'm planning to make it a faux racer. It should make a good companion to my restored '67CB. Anyway I'm excited!

Ace
honda305.com Member

Post by Ace » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:57 pm

georGe: I would be happy to send you any pictures of Smokey. I couldn't find your e mail address. My address is in my profile, or I can post here as well. Just let me know. Ace

Ace
honda305.com Member

Post by Ace » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:00 pm

kustommusic: now that I am able to post again, you can catch me here on the forum as well. E mail is fine, though. I'm happy to be arund you knowledge-based guys. I knew this bike when I was a teen, but have never owned one.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home