Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Customs, Bust it out

CYP77 - Police | Race Bikes | Choppers, Bobbers and Mods
Scram64
honda305.com Member

Customs, Bust it out

Post by Scram64 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:43 pm

All the customizers out there need to show off your winter projects. I would love to see what people have built. Sadly mine is not very far along. Thanks, Scram64

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:50 am

Scram, I am working on a CL77 street tracker, but haven't made much progress. I've been working on a CL77 rider resto to sell and help fund the street tracker, and riding my dirt bike a bunch! So far it has a SL350 front end, and Flanders flat track bars. It will geta XR750 seat and fender kit, shaved frame with battery eliminator, flat track tires etc. I will post pics when some progress has been made. The problem with living in CA, we ride all year round! heres a pic of CL77 rider resto.

davomoto
Attachments
MVC-575F.JPG

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:15 pm

Looks good. ........................lm

davomoto wrote:Scram, I am working on a CL77 street tracker, but haven't made much progress. I've been working on a CL77 rider resto to sell and help fund the street tracker, and riding my dirt bike a bunch! So far it has a SL350 front end, and Flanders flat track bars. It will geta XR750 seat and fender kit, shaved frame with battery eliminator, flat track tires etc. I will post pics when some progress has been made. The problem with living in CA, we ride all year round! heres a pic of CL77 rider resto.

davomoto
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

Scram64
honda305.com Member

Customs

Post by Scram64 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Davo, I am always interested in the tips you give and projects you do. I love your custom CB77 and I would like to learn more about the battery eliminator. Show your right side pipe.
I'm also working on a 444 mile CA motor in a CL frame with a front disk and my custom seat pan. I am moving a couple frame tubes and deleting the down tube. I depend on a friend for my welding, so it's going slow. I am looking for a S90 handlebar if you know of one. Bad chrome OK, but cannot be bent. Scram64
Attachments
The seat and front end will go on my custom
The seat and front end will go on my custom

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:44 pm

Check threads on battery eliminators. Deez used the capacitor he mentiones in his post, and it works great. He got 5 of them for $30 off of ebay. PM him if you need more info. I don't have a right side high pipe, though I've thought a lot about trying to source one. Keep an eye on ebay for S90 bars, as I found a set for my S90 there a while back. You bike looks great man, keep up the good work, and keep rattling cages! Also, thanks for the compliment Ed!

davomoto

http://www.honda305.com/forums/viewtopi ... eliminator

Superchicken
honda305.com Member

Post by Superchicken » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:50 pm

The biggest improvement, a disk. That gives a whole different perspective, on how you can ride, the thing. I want one

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:57 pm

You are welcome to my comment on the bike cause to me it's a good looking custom bike. As for the left side pipe at some time after the last production CL77 left the line HONDA issued a Right side pipe that was/is to be used on the right side exhaust.
Well as a couple of other "after production parts were not the same as production parts". The pipe is made not as a "one piece bent and curved" but as several pieces of tubing welded together and chromed. A good job of welding and chrome but not as the production pipe. Also it doesn't have the welded on can/muffler. .......................lm

davomoto wrote:Check threads on battery eliminators. Deez used the capacitor he mentiones in his post, and it works great. He got 5 of them for $30 off of ebay. PM him if you need more info. I don't have a right side high pipe, though I've thought a lot about trying to source one. Keep an eye on ebay for S90 bars, as I found a set for my S90 there a while back. You bike looks great man, keep up the good work, and keep rattling cages! Also, thanks for the compliment Ed!

davomoto

http://www.honda305.com/forums/viewtopi ... eliminator
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home